Azpire.com as well as many other well known and not so well known websites participate in some kind of affiliation program with advertisers or other websites. This allows websites with high volumes of traffic to advertise for a company or service and receive a
commission or payout based on the number of clicks or items purchased via that specific ad. To learn more about affiliation programs go to the section Guides.
There are hundreds of companies and websites that
offer affiliate programs. Affiliation programs are a great way to create a professional looking website and generate revenues. The banners and logos provided by the advertisers are professionally designed and can add great looking graphics that may improve the overall appearance of your website.
The products and services which are sold through the affiliation programs vary from flowers to computer hardware and
everything in between. You can create a generalized website with ads and links to all kinds of products and services or you can choose specific types of products or services and make that the specialty of your website. To find out what companies are offering affiliate programs go to the section labeled companies with online affiliate programs.
Some issues to investigate when looking into an affiliate program are:
- How long has the affiliate program been a affiliate program?
- Can you cobrand the storefront/content and in your site's style?
- How are affiliates compensated? How often are affiliates compensated?
- What will you have to pay upfront? What will you have to pay monthly?
- How are commissions tracked? Does the company offer real-time tracking?
- What is the program's conversion ratio? How many click-throughs result in sales?
- What are the minimums that affiliates must meet, if there are any?
- Will you receive credit for sales from customers who clicked through from your site but made a purchase at a later date?
- What particular restrictions/exclusions apply to the program?
For more affiliate tips click here.